Monday, September 29, 2008

Only two more months

So when I started this blog, I thought it would a good place to record my life so I could look back someday and try to remember what is was like at this point in time. So the end of September is here and the baby's due date is is December 5...that's just over two months away. I don't have a blog to look back on to see what life was like 2 months before Nate arrived but I think I remember pretty well.

Two months before Nate was born I had read probably 3 or 4 different books on pregnancy and started reading about what the expect during the first year of life. I had researched all the baby gear and carefully chosen the best while keeping a handle on price. I'd debated and returned at least one bedding set and most likely had the nursery all set with the final choice. We'd decided on a name and everyone knew "who" would be making the grand entrance at the beginning of November. We had finished our childbirth class and taken and class on breastfeeding. I had worried and fretted about labor and exactly how I would feed the new baby. Ken and I ate out as often as possible and saw lots of movies figuring that it was our "last chance" to get out as just the two of us.

Two months before Bug is expected to make and appearance I have reread about 5 chapters of one of my old pregnancy books. (And I think they were all prior to twenty weeks.) I'm haven't researched any baby gear because we still have all of Nate's from three years ago and that was researched thoroughly. (Although at some point I'm going to get new bottles most likely because Nate's Avent bottles are not BPA free and - bad mommy- they were sometimes microwaved to get breast milk up to room temp.) No new bedding for the baby. The nursery will pretty much stay the same and Nate will move into his new big boy room...eventually. His bed was here two weekends ago but it wasn't quite right. The loft couldn't be "unlofted" so they came back this past Saturday to take it back and fix it and it will be back this Saturday along with the dresser we originally ordered too. As for names, we got nada right now and since we don't know the gender, we got double nada. No classes this time but since we will be delivering at a different hospital this time, I think we'll probably try to do a tour sometime before delivery. I have thought about this delivery alot because I am trying to decide if I really want to attempt a VBAC this time or have a repeat C-section. But since I really want to see where I am closer to delivery, I guess I haven't thought about it that much. Ken and I have been able to eat out alone a couple of times this past summer thanks to our generous families watching Nate and we even saw one movie. (Maybe we can get one more movie in during the next two months?)

What's the same between my life now and my life three years ago? I was so thankful for the opportunity to be spending 24 hours a day with the little life that was/is growing inside me. I love you Nate for who you were then and who you have grown to be already. I love you Bug (as you give me a couple of little kicks right this minute) and I can't wait to find out who you will be.

3 comments:

NADYA said...

Addie, I can't believe you only have 2 months left before baby arrives. I (as I am sure all CMs) am so excited to read all about your new little bug :)

Nemeth family said...

I am dying to learn if baby bug is a boy or girl (by the way--bug was Kelsey's nickname too...maybe that is a sign!). Definitely try to get a couple more 'dates' in before bug is born...it only gets harder to sneak them in w/ 2 munchkins around!

Heidi said...

Oh Addie, everything you said is so true the second time around, isn't it? We are exactly in the same boat, just have one more month to do nothing about it...:-) Can't wait to be introduced to the brand new baby in your family!