Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Newbie at the spa

Christmas 2006 I received a gift card to one of the largest spas in the area. I have put off using it until this past weekend. (And the only reason I used it then was because it was going to expire at the end of the year.) Spas just make me nervous. I'm not an outgoing person and generally avoid new experiences. I just feel like I don't belong at a spa. But I decided to suck it up and make an appointment for a pedicure and a pregnancy message. The pedicure was so great. I love the way my toes look. At least I think I do since I really can't get too close to them at this point in my pregnancy. It's too bad that it's too cold to wear sandals now. I might actually have to consider another one come summer time. The message was a little awkward at first but really, how could it not be relaxing. The pillows she used so I could lay on my stomach cracked me up. But in the end it was worth it. All in all, it was a good day. Thanks Ken for watching the Tater.

Update on potty training...one accident in the past two days. Apparently the Halloween craft time at the sitters today was just too much of a distraction. But the big new is that Nate has poo'd on the potty the past two nights. I think he's starting to get the hang of this.

Update on Bug...this kid is growing and I still wish I could keep him/her in there longer. I love being pregnant and even though I can't wait to meet this little one, I already miss the fact that they won't be with me 24 hours a day for much longer.

Big weekend coming up. Trick or Treat Friday night and we are celebrating my Dad and my birthday. (His b-day is October 31 and mine is November 1.) Sunday is Nate's birthday party with family and on Monday Ken and I are taking the day off work so the three of us can do something fun on Nate's actual birthday. It's a cliche to say it, but I can't believe my baby is almost three years old already!

No comments: