Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Potty Training - Part II

Update for Potty Training Day 3: 1 poopy accident and several pees on the pot.

For the most part we are depending taking Nate to the potty on regular intervals and not relying on him to tell us when he needs to go. But he did wake up this morning with his practice big boy pants (aka a Pull-Up) only slightly wet and didn't fuss when I made him sit on the potty first thing. We even got a pee! My sister Carrie watched him during the day and said he woke up from his nap dry and eventually went pee on the potty after sitting there crying for several minutes. (She also said she met someone as stubborn as her.) My other sister Mindy watched him in the evening and she got the poopy accident. Apparently Nate didn't even mention it to her after the fact, she just smelled him. When she asked him why he didn't come get her when he had to go, he told her that he forgot. Hmmm, we might have an issue with this eventually. But tonight after he was in bed and Ken was laying down on his bedroom floor "just for a minute", I heard Nate tell Daddy that he had to go pee and low and behold, he came downstairs with a dry Pull-Up and went pee on the potty. Maybe he is getting a hang of this thing after all. My mom and dad are coming over tomorow to spend the day with Nate and give him some more one-on-one attention. Keeping my fingers crossed for another good day!

Quick update on the other kid. I had an my 33 week OB appointment today. Only up one pound from two weeks ago. (I wonder about the scales at the office. Last appointment I gained 7 pounds in three weeks on a different scale.) But blood pressure was still really good and I was only measuring slightly big, around 34.5 or 35 weeks instead of 33.5 weeks. But since no one is expecting this Bug to be a tiny 6 pounder, everything seems pretty normal. Ken and I took a tour of the hospital. It was pretty personal since we were the only two people signed up. All we really have to remember is to park in the Yellow lot and go up the the third floor. I'm guessing the nurses and doctors will really take over from there.

Thanks to my family for all their support with this adventure. I don't know how we would be doing it without you!

1 comment:

Nemeth family said...

Yay Nate! Sounds like he is getting the hang of it. We used to have a dry pull-up in the mornings too, but that was short lived. It is always soaked now. Oh well, day training is really what matters at this point. And I can't believe Bug will be here in 7-ish weeks! I am dying to know--boy or girl?!?