Monday, December 1, 2008

Still a one child family

New baby has not made an appearance yet so Nate is still the only baby, er big boy, in the house. He had his three year check up last week and was 39" tall (75th percentile) and weighed 31.5 lbs (50th percentile). I was so pleased with how he behaved. He let the doctor listen to his heart and check his ears and eyes without a fuss. He also answered all the questions she asked him. He somehow knew the "right" answers like he does eat his vegetables and always brushes his teeth twice a day. (I corrected him behind his back.) The only thing he wouldn't do is hop like a bunny. He's been jumping since he was like 15 months old! I'll say it again, I really can't believe he is three years old already!

Quick cute story about Nate. For his birthday, he received a goldfish he named Pick. (He names everything Pick. We're not sure where he picked that name up.) After feeding him the other night, Nate told me that Pick was talking to him. I asked Nate was Pick was saying and Nate just opened and closed his mouth like his fish. He said that Pick was just a little fish now and can't talk but when Pick grows up and is a big fish he'll talk and say "Hi Nate".

I have my 39.5 week appointment tomorrow. One way or another, I think a baby will be here in a week!

2 comments:

dougnlarry said...

That is so cute. Pick? I love the names little kids come up with.

Nemeth family said...

Keep us updated! You are officially on baby watch now!