Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Yucky Man

"I'm Yucky Man and you're Dr. Shrinky. I going to spray gobbly goo all over this chair and then you're going to shrink it."

I hear that quote several times a day from Nate. It seems like his imagination is really taking off and one of his favorite things do is pretend to be the characters from his favorite Backyardigans stories. Yucky Man (Pablo) and Dr. Shrinky (Tyrone) are two supervillains who are racing superheroes Weather Woman (Uniqua) and Captain Hammer (Austin) to the Tower of Power to try to steal the key to world. Nate almost always chooses to be Yucky Man and Ken or I get to be Dr. Shrinky. (Should we be concerned that he pretends to be the supervillains instead of the superheroes?) He sprays the gobbly goo and we shrink the objects to be teeny tiny. Yesterday at the pool I think the lifeguard got a kick out of hearing Nate call out that it was my turn to shrink her be super tiny. He also likes to pretend to be a pie Samurai. It's been awhile since we saw this episode but it involved Austin and Tyrone trying to make the Great Pie and ninjas Uniqua and Pablo trying to steal it. There is a "fight" scene where the Backyardigans throw pies at each other with spoons and say "Pie ya" instead of "High ya". Nate and I have had many a pie battle in the last month.

Not only does Nate like to pretend to be his favorite characters, he also likes to quote random episodes throughout the day. (I think this is typical guy behavior already. It seems like so many of the guys I know will throw out a movie quote and look at me like I have any idea what they are talking about.) The cutest I think is when he quotes prospector Pablo when he says "Dagnabit".

Nate will also pretend that his hands are tickle spiders named Mr. and Mrs. Spider and they will climb all over Ken and I. The tickle spiders like to drive little cars as well and give them to people as gifts.

And since this weekend, Nate has twice told me about his little sister that is right there next to him. ("Where is she?" I ask and Nate will point to the air right next to him.) He has warned his little sister that she can't play with the phone because it is too sharp and at the pool she was swimming like and alligator like him and wearing an orange bathing suite. I asked what him what her name was and he said it was Baby. I wonder if he knows something that we don't?

Below are a couple of pictures from vacation where Nate was playing Backyardigans with me. (I'm really loving his age right now! Nate is just so much fun to talk to and is a lot more creative than I am.)

This is Nate and his Samurai moves.

Yucky Man spraying gobbly goo on the table.

And this is Nate's superhero/supervillain face. Not sure why superheroes and villains make this face but apparently they do.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love your blog Addie! And the pics of superhero/villian Nate are great! Tricia