Thursday, August 14, 2008

Okay, here I go

Okay, here I go. Starting a blog. What to say, what to say. Oh well, I guess it won't matter too much since there won't be too many people to ever see this.

Who am I? I'm Addie. (Just Addie, not Addison or Adelaide or Adeline. I think my mom once told me that if she had given me a "formal" name it would have been Ada, but I could be making that up.) I've lived my whole life, except for the first 2.5 years which I don't remember too clearly, in Ohio. I grew up in a small town with a small school and a typical suburban life. I went to a state university (Go Redskins! They didn't change the mascot until my sophomore year.) and graduated in four years with a degree in Geology which I have never used and remember little beyond what I learned in the intro class my first year. But by choosing that major, I also ended up with an internship one summer where I met my future husband, Ken . We shared a cubicle for a summer and the rest is history. We were married 3 years and 1 day from the day we met and celebrated our 7th anniversary this past May. Best 10 years of my life. (Which is actually 1/3 of my life now...yikes!). We settled down, bought a house, got a pup, and welcomed the joy of our life, Nate, into the world on November 3, 2005. Life is perfect. (Well, as close to perfect as I think I'm ever going to get.) So since Nate was our experiment and we all seem to have survived and thrived, we decided to give it another go and now I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant with the second little experiment we have created. (Yes, we had an ultrasound and there is ONE healthy little baby in there that is either a boy or a girl. We chose not to find out the gender and even though somewhere in this house there is an envelope that my husband has hidden in which the OB wrote down the gender because she could tell it was either a boy or a girl, neither of us have peeked so we this baby will be a surprise to everyone. Sorry, just had to get that out of the way.) I guess this blog is just to help me keep track of my life and what it will be like the second time around with baby #2. But if you keep reading this blog, I'm sure that you'll see that I'm not always totally sure what I'm doing with baby (I mean big boy) #1.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Addie!
Love the blog so far :)

Ab.