Thursday, August 14, 2008

My life the last 7 days

What have I been doing the last seven days? Obsessively watching and tracking the Beijing Olympics. I love everything about them. The events, the athletes, the stories, the hype, the pure competition. (Yes, I blissfully ignore all comments about doping and underage athletes and the fact that professionals compete.) I have always loved the Olympics. There was something magical about Olympic years. (They were also always presidential election years.) Do you remember the winter and summer Olympics used to be held in the same year? I was aghast in 1992 knowing that was the last year for combined winter and summer games. But somehow I adjusted and now I'm actually excited that I don't have to wait four years for the Vancouver Olympics. (They are only a year and a half away!)

I just watched Michael Phelps win his sixth gold medal of these games. (He is amazing. I usually like to cheer for underdogs but can you do anything but cheer your heart out for this guy.) Now I'm trying to stay awake to to watch the all around competition for women's gymnastics. This 12 hour time difference is making for some really late nights for me. Baby just gave me a kick so I guess that means it's time for me to get a bowl of Lucky Charms. (That is what you were telling me, right Bug?)

I'll leave you with a picture of what my future Olympic champion. Look at that strength!





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great photo of Nate, he looks alot like you girl!

I have watched very little of the Olympics, I actually find it a bit boring. hehe

Of course the bits I have watched I have been cheering on the Aussies....GO AUSTRALIA!!! :P

NADYA said...

Great Blog! I will be adding it to my list of blogs to stalk :)
I love the Olympics and Nate looks like he has great potential :)